Are you struggling to get your toddler to eat their greens? Here are FIVE sneaky ideas that I have for hiding vegetables in your toddlers meals.
- Homemade pizza is a brilliant way of hiding vegetables in your toddlers meals and they can even get involved themselves. Add vegetables to the toppings, for example: mushrooms, onions, peppers etc.
- Include Snacks in your toddlers diet – Let your little ones explore with carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, pepper sticks etc. You can also encourage them to dip it in hummus or a similar dip. Quite often we make homemade potato salad and coleslaw and my little one loves it.
- Potato & carrot waffles – Asda sell packets of mini potato & carrot waffles for just £1 in the freezer section. These taste so similar to the normal potato waffles that my little one doesn’t know the difference.
- Vegetable fingers – These are just like fish fingers but are jam packed with healthy vegetables such as sweetcorn, carrot, peas, potato and onions.
- Hide vegetables in spag bol – Add mushrooms, onions, peas, carrots & grated courgettes. You could also swap chips for sweet potato chips which are just as nice.
Try and include vegetables in every meal whether its a big variety or just a spoonful of peas. We have a set of children’s divider plates, they have three compartments. If we are having potatoes, meat and veg for dinner I will put each food in the different compartments. In my opinion, this makes meal times a little bit more fun for toddlers.
BABY LED WEANING | SNACKS FOR TODDLERS
1 | Carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, pepper sticks
2 | Fruit – raspberries, blueberries, banana, apple, oranges etc.
3 | Raisins (12m+)
4 | Rice cakes
5 | Bread sticks
6 | Cheese chunks
7 | Smoothies
8 | Organix fruit bars
9 | Kiddylicious wafers
10 | Crackers
11 | Yoghurts
12 | Fruity puffs
13 | Savoury muffins
BABY LED WEANING | BREAKFAST IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
1 | Crumpets
2 | Toast
3 | Fruit
4 | Porridge & jam
5 | Cereal
BABY LED WEANING | LUNCH IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
1 | Scrambled egg on toast
2 | Pasta and peas
3 | Crackers and cheese
4 | Wraps – chicken / ham & salad
5 | Sandwiches – jam, ham, cheese etc.
6 | Cheese turnovers
7 | Salami crackers
8 | Sausage rolls
9 | Pancakes
BABY LED WEANING | MEAL IDEAS FOR TODDLERS
1 | Pasta and peas
2 | Pizza toast
3 | Omelettes
4 | Cottage pie with carrots & broccoli
5 | Sausage casserole with potato & carrots
6 | Mashed potato, sausages & broccoli
7 | Roast dinner and all the trimmings
8 | Chilli con carne
9 | Spaghetti bolognese
10 | Sweet potato chips
11 | Jacket potato & beans
12 | Fish fingers
13 | Fajita wraps
This guest post was brought to you by Zoe from mummyandlissblog.com
If you want to read more about Zoe and her family, you can find her here.